Thursday, April 2, 2009

Patience

How was your April Fools Day? Did anyone play tricks on you? It was calm and quiet here. Bob sometimes plays tricks but recovering from shingles and his asthma attacks have diluted his trickster instincts. I'm sure there will be a pay back event. I couldn't in my heart bring myself to play dirty tricks on my hubby, but there will be another time.

I am curious. Every morning as I type in the daily reading under the Lent photo, I wonder how many of my visitors actually realize I change the scripture for the day. This morning's scripture and reading hits home for us with a real impact. We have felt God's presence in our lives in every major decision we have made. There have been serious prayers answered this year with our son Don's recovery from a motorcycle accident and then too later acquiring a job. There have been more answered prayers too. I don't know why, I guess its insecurity but I am humbled and feel insignificant but I am thankful. Ah, but its not for me, is it? It's for Him.

If you dedicated your life to Him, you have to believe you are led everyday. Yes, we make mistakes and take detours, but we are human. He understands and is there to lead us back. We have those bad days, bad tempers, complaining too much, unhappy, depressed for no reason, but He is always with us and helping us through those miserable days.

There are times I have felt so alone and unkempt, wondering where He is. I've not felt His touch or presence for long periods of time. It's written that is my fault but I've tried. I am glad those spells don't last long because I can't live without knowing or feeling His presence in my life.

Today's scripture about patience is telling me, as I've already known, we must trust that He will lead us, He is leading us - we have to trust in our faith and proclaim it. Bob and I are in a predicament right now and we want to change situations but the elements haven't presented themselves to us in a positive way. I am held at bay to make decisions and I am very instinctive and usually my instincts are correct. I have contributed those instincts to His Spirit. He has led me in the right direction all my life - sometimes I haven't followed and when I went in the opposite direct I have found my way back only because I knew His spirit was with me and protecting me and directing me on the right path.

Today's reading is a much needed reinforcement for our time of confusion and wondering. I am in awe at how often He sends us the much needed right message to lead us where He wants us to be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your words and for posting His words!
~AM