Saturday, April 25, 2009

Stolen Identity

Have you ever had your identity stolen and someone charged a large dollar purchase in your name? It has happened to one of the members in our family - someone who is extremely responsible, and I am beside myself.

I've never had it happen to Bob and I so I was almost shocked and confused to know what to do to help. I asked one person who can assistant for information which gave us something to go on. But, for now, we have to hope the individual who he talked to at the bank will do as they said and investigate. I advised him to follow through in a week and to keep on top of it.

When this first happened, I called our Credit Union and talked to one of the loan people for advice and to ask questions. They did say to be sure to do regular credit checks - which I am delinquent in following through on doing.

Any one with any suggestions, your comments would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: