Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Messy Files and no where to go with stuff

I came across these photos of Tom before he joined the Army and when he was attending Clark County Community College and marched for the University of Nevada Las Vegas March Band. I am so proud of these photos, what a nice treat to find them today. I'm sending them via email to Soldier Tom - he's still at Ft. Bragg - he will be surprised, seems so long ago even though it was only in 2006 - gee whiz! My oldest son, the trucker, just whizzed by on his motorcycle -out to enjoy this nice hot Vegas day. He dropped off a delivery in town and stopped by until he gets another load. Never a dull moment in the life of a family.

Since my last post, I have advanced somewhat in preparing this room of mine for company. Right now the process is slowed by having to condense my files - both the useful/daily/bills/statements, etc, etc, etc and the ones I can put away. I am losing three filing compartments and will have to resort to office boxes until I come up with something better - but it'll work. The job at hand is putting this specific task in order. But to get to that point, I have to go through ever letter, file, envelope, etc, and sort appropriately.

I came across these photos of Tom before he joined the Army and when he was attending Clark County Community College and march for the University of Nevada Las Vegas March Band. I am so proud of these photos, what a nice treat to find them today. I'm sending them via email to Soldier Tom - he's still at Ft. Bragg - he will be surprised, seems so long ago even though it was only in 2006 - gee whiz!

I had to give up my Sony computer, the OS was not doing well. I couldn't have spend money getting it fixed, maybe, but I decided to get something that will tied me over. This is a HP and we've been pretty much satisfied with these machines. My Sony was much faster - I failed to check the speed when I picked this computer out at Best Buy, but it'll do - lots of memory and that's what I needed. I also have a webcam and I think they are a riot. I am not the type to check out my face in the mirror throughout the day - I'm down to business and you'll catch my best face when I'm heading out the door. I had a blast setting the thing up - it takes photos and makes videos too. What will they think of next????? Speaking of photos, I don't have my photos and other stuff transferred from the external drive yet to this computer yet - that will be a big time pray time for me - hoping all transfers properly. Lots of stuff there.

A neighbor friend died last week, Joe. He was a very nice young fellow - only going on 50. He has a nice wife and two great boys. He always had a kind work and a smile. Very sad. Tom was close to the family and was at their house a lot! I know he will miss Joe. May God rest his soul in peace.

1 comment:

Nit said...

Love the pics!

I have a huge stack of papers to go thru, too! Ugh...dreading that :(

Take care & enjoy the heat!