Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ah, Summertime is really here!

By the comments on my Facebook and other readings, I'm getting it - it's hot and dry out there! Even in London where my internet friend John lives - he's reporting it is hot and dry. Friend Mary in Kentucky says its hot and humid. When I got up this morning at 4:30 (yes, I don't know why!) it was already 85 degrees and heading up into the 110s again! When we went out Sunday it was 113 at the center of Las Vegas. I missed putting flowers on my dad's grave last Sunday, so we went to visit mom and dad Sunday and put flowers on their grave.

Dad always liked Red flowers and Mom gets Pink or Yellow. It's been over 20 years since they both passed away. They both are still very much apart of my life - they were good parents and gave me a good example to follow.

Bob and I have been swimming again - our old bodies just can't take the cold water and this is late in the season for us to start but the water just warmed up. We have hot dry desert air and it takes longer to heat up pool water unless you have solar heat and we don't.

Swimming has been my number one sport. Where I grew up in Hamilton, Ohio, we had a pool a few miles away from my home but there was a bus route right to the pool, or I would ride my bike. All the girls I went to school with from St. Ann's and Notre Dame HS would gather there. It's pretty neat because I have been able to get to know them again through my Facebook page. We also had a pretty nice YWCA where we could swim during the winter months.
Oh, by the way , the music playing is from my teenage years. Seems like yesterday. Jitterbug was popular then. I could really shake , but now my get up has gotten up and left! Oh, yeah!
Hope you are keeping cool. Take good care. God bless you and yours.














No comments: