Friday, June 12, 2009

Lazy hazy days of summer!

For the past week, Bob and I have enjoyed total solitude. It is in my wildest dreams I have finally achieved the real world status of what Retirement is all about. We did absolutely nothing except what had to be done. Since there were no children or adult children around, the house stayed clean and whatever dishes were dirtied it only took a matter of minutes to clean them up. Oh Glory Alleluia! We enjoyed the quiet solitude of our environment only listening to programs or music of our choice - no background Miley Cyrus or Hong Kong Fooie movie or the refrigerator door opening and closing 1000 times a day. I loved the escape. I have given my all to and for my family, and now it has been my pleasure to have experienced retirement freedom, however, it is only short lived.

Things will be pretty much be back to "normal" tomorrow when Kev and Alex return from their House sitting chore. Did I miss them? Would you think me cruel if I said No, I didn't miss them? Well, guess what - NO, I didn't miss them. I enjoyed my freedom so utterly completely!

The logical comment might be why not throw them out of the house, but now tell me, could you throw your beautiful eight year old granddaughter out - its not her fault her dad's job has cut his hours and for now he needs our assistance and too her mom fails to support her and lives on the east coast - yes, her mom is missing so much - this little girl is brilliant and beautiful.

So, as such is life - we do what we gotta do whether we like it or not. But, it sure is nice when there's a break to enjoy the freedoms of peace and quiet and no dirt and dishes.

No comments: