Monday, June 22, 2009

Hallmark didn't make any money from us!

Father's Day! I hope all the Father's reading this post had a very nice day with great surprises and lots of time to relax.

Bob got his wish for peace and quiet - and that how it was here at our place. We did go out for dinner to one of our favorite restaurants - Claim Jumper. We went mid-afternoon, hoping to miss the big crowd. The place was very busy, but by the time we left there were people standing and waiting so our timing was perfect. One reason I like Claim Jumpers is because the menu is varied, the service is consistently great and the food is very dependably delicious. They gave both Kevin and Bob each a $10 coupon for a return visit which I thought was a good promotional tool and one which we will use. There were a lot of restaurants around Vegas having Father's Day specials.

I didn't do cards this year, I have to cut back on frivolous expenses so it was at Bob's suggestion I send an e-card, which I did. I have boxes of greeting cards I have received from everyone in the world and have stashed away those that Bob has received as well, and I don't know why. The best are the homemade. Alexandra made Bob a card that was more precious and had more meaning than anyone she could have picked out at the store. It is a treasure and a real keeper. She is very sensitive and expressive.

We have travel fever. It's been awhile since we took off for parts unknown. We had planned waiting until our anniversary in September and leaving for four days. We want to see the new additions to the Ronald Reagan library and visit Nixon's library as well and maybe go to Huntingbeach to visit friends. We may just do that early - Bob has the heebie jeebies and sometimes getting away takes care of that disease.

Hope you have a lovely day and hope all is well at your place.

No comments: