Monday, June 15, 2009

Do we have termites?

It's evening and quiet in the house. I didn't have time to open the mail this afternoon so I have the remnants of the second envelope that I opened to the left of the keyboard and those are the words I see - "now get the best against termites." I wonder to myself if those little boogers can live in the hot Nevada desert weather. I've never heard any of my friends say they've had problems with termites, hmmm, I think I'll ask....tomorrow. We've never had any - yet.

I came back to shut down my computer then I realized I left the Patriotic music on my two blogs and although the music was appropriate yesterday, the songs are best heard during that Patriotic Assigned Day. I know we could have left our Flag out the rest of the week, but we decided not to, this time anyhow.

Do you ever get really fed up with your computer and say really mean things to it? Yes, mine's at it, messing with my mind - I don't chose to give it a gender. My Sony was dying and I loved it, but Sony really messed up the manufacturing on that year's model. I had it long enough to know it was pretty much dead in the water if I wanted to add more software, so, I went out a couple weeks ago and bought a HP, with 750 gigs, not a big deal one, something to get me through until the new Windows programs comes out - the computer guru I read in the Wall Street Journal - Walter Mossberg - has tried the Beta on the new Windows operating system and he said it works better than the Vista and XP - anything has to work better than Vista. I do not like Vista. I have been using computers for a long time and I would think I could have started right up on this new machine, but no, it seems like I am back to almost ground Q with problems too.

So, I spend most of my free time trying to enter stuff and figure out how to use the photo programs, the main purpose of getting one with lots of memory. I think I'll pick up a Photoshop at CostCo and be done with it. I hate putting more money in software into this machine but if I don't get where I want to be playing with my computer and the photos, then I won't be a happy computer grandma. Bob backs me up and understands but I still get tired of pouring the dough into a stupid machine!!

Maybe my computer has termites? I know the Geek squad is great, they've already fixed the CD player problem I had yesterday - but Terminix is for termites. Aaaa, nah, I'll just deal with it and be thankful for what I have.

Rant over!

No comments: