Friday, June 26, 2009

TGIF

What's your plans for the weekend? Even though I am a retired grandma, that is not working a public job or really committed to anything in particular other than what my family dictates to me, I do get a tingle thinking of TGIF - but I can't figure out why.

We will be watching Alexandra today and tomorrow, Kevin got called into work which is a blessing. As I thought of him driving off this morning and we were watching the news, I wondered if the Las Vegas strip will be busy with Michael Jackson mourners. Our local news reporters were out bright and early interviewing tourists on the street. I don't know if there has been some sort of "shrine" developed there. I guess when Kevin comes home this evening, he'll fill us in. We do live way across the valley from the strip and gambling areas. We are in a rural area and we like it that way. I know it seems odd to have rural areas in a place like Las Vegas, but, you'd be surprise.

Bob and I are very much attached to British Mysteries. I don't know what it is that sets them apart from the American TV shows, but there's a difference. I purchased the complete series of one called "Rosemary and Thyme" which is about two middle aged women - one is a horticulturalist and the other is recently divorced after 25 years and had previously worked as a police officer. They are called to British estates to do over the lavish but old gardens of British estates and in the meantime there's always a murder to solve. The other show we really do like is "Midsummer's Murders" which is still in production. When there's nothing on the five million cable channels we have, then we resort to pulling out our British TV shows on DVDs and have a more fulfilling evening than watching reruns. The photo on the right is John Nettles who plays Chief Inspector Tom Barnaby. He is an excellent actor as are the rest of the actors and actresses.

The selling price of homes continue to decline and we are in a woe-oh-no fit of life! What a time to decide to sell. We remain in the middle of confusion and are constantly debating between ourselves what, where, and when we are going to do anything. It seems that for the first time in our lives, we can't make up our minds. We will continue on with the chore of packing and getting ready for the painters. My next immediate chore now is to contact the painters on my list to come in and give us bids on the job, and ask the all important question how to do the job while we continue living in the house. This should prove to be very interesting indeed!

I began cleaning our our clothes closet yesterday and sorted out about ten pairs of excellent shoes to give to Suzanne. They are in perfect condition but unless they are Easy Spirit or a particular style of Skeechers - I can't walk any distance. She loves shoes as much as I do, so I know she will be delighted to receive them. Next on the list - today - is sorting through my clothes, oh yuck! Plus, our closet is very small and I am attempting to give the illusion of a larger size - that doesn't work when you have tons of clothes squashed in a small place. I did have things organized according to what it was and colors but I got off that - so now if people are going to look in my closets to buy my home I'd better get serious - Bob too. I'd love to have a huge walk in closet - on my list for my next place - that and a chef's kitchen, ooohhh yummy!

No comments: