Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's "T" Day! He'll be on his way soon! and we're getting ready!!

Holy Mollie! I can hardly contain myself as I adjust to the day has arrived. Soldier Tom and his friend Tine will be in tonight! I can't think about it or I will cry - isn't that so silly!

Everything is accomplished and I have checked off everything on my "to-do" list. Golly, I'm so glad I started early - this ole gal is slow in the git-along! Thanks too in part - a big part - to hubby, Bob, and son Kevin. The house is really sparkling. The new equally spared office/bedroom really looks good. Like so many women I know, I love to rearrange furniture especially when it's not time to buy new stuff. We found an inexpensive long mirror to hang in a good spot for the girls to check out their attire. I thought granddaughter Alex would like that since she is very conscientious about how she looks when she goes to school. Now she has proof she looks good from top to bottom.


I put a Snuggle dryer sheet in each drawer of the new chest of drawers then a couple pieces of tissue paper in the drawer. My mom always put a liner of some sorts in drawers when cleaning or when we bought new chests of drawers - I wonder if that is done today by the younger generation. If its kids drawers then I use kids wrapping paper that I've had left over. Adding the dryer sheet gives the drawer freshness. Alex recognized the soft fragrance when she came into the room just a minute ago. So, mission accomplished without over kill on aroma! One never knows, does one!


Bob just woke up from his first nap of the day - our doctor says it's good to take naps and since Bob retired, he takes advantage of our doctor's advice. In a few minutes he and I will tie the "yellow ribbons" around the trees in the front yard and put out the Welcome Home signs. It is so
exciting!! I hope I bought enough yellow ribbon this year. I know he won't see the ribbons on the trees since he will come in after dark, but he'll see some of the signs. He will be looking for them tomorrow morning for sure. The kids made the sign above - the one hanging on the basketball goal, the other signs including the other sign above - I bought from a site that sells military stuff.




We would like to send our prayers and condolences to the families of the five soldiers who are on their way home for burial after the shooting at Camp Liberty. What a horrendous situation! There are many soldiers at Camp Liberty and had it not been for the quick action of the security team there could have been more casualties. May God bless them all.

1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

Prayers being said for the soldiers and their families.
How senseless this act of violence was!

Yipeeee for you Tom is coming home. Prayers going up for safe travel for Tom.