Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Squeezing in a couple words edgewise!

Phew! Taking a second breath, holy cow! these youngins here keep us zooming around. They've taken a ride to Arizona to buy a lottery ticket and will stop by the Hoover Dam just to walk around for a little while - no tour today, saving that for another day. Soldier Tom and Tine have been busy bees since their feet hit the ground - in other words they hit the ground running.

This morning they went up to Mt. Charleston and went hiking. It was beautiful weather up there - still some snow on the mountains. The lodge is gorgeous overlooking a cliff surround by beautiful homes. They were excited when they arrived home from their hiking adventure and experiencing the unique beauty of the pine tree covered mountains on the outside of the desert town of Las Vegas.

I have a few minutes to type then I must get some dinner started - just spaghetti. Tine hasn't had time to cook a German meal - yet! Don is hoping to get home by Thursday so this weekend should be busy.

Tom bought some new games for our Wi-Wi. Bob was so tired his eyes were slamming shut so he went to bed, but, Tine, Tom, Alex, and I played. I don't know what the heck kind of game it was and I didn't know what I was going - but guess what, I won! I laughed so hard, I couldn't help myself. I had no clue. They were really ticked off!

The energy level in the house is over a 1000 whatevers and Bob and I are slower than snails but we try to keep up - well, just a little. Last night Kevin had to work but Tom, Tine, Bob and I went to Alex school for the presentations of the Honor Awards - again! for Alexandra!!!


She is so smart and picks up the rules of any game whether it's a board game, card game or a Wi-Wi. Amazingly, all three - Tom, Tina, and Alex, are VERY competitive - I'm just there to have fun.
Well, I'd better get busy - they'll be home soon.
Hope you all are well and life is good for you. Take good care. God bless.


1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

Sounds like you all are having fun.