Saturday, May 2, 2009

Holy Mollie!

We're heading down to the wire and getting pretty frazzled. Of course life's disasters don't stop happening when you have things to do - I won't even go into all the crazy things that have occurred except that my biggest concern has been that Soldier Tom is a victim of fraud and someone is opening accounts using his social security number. It's hectic trying to keep up with it all plus informing him since all this mail is coming to our address (which is probably good thing!) He threw in a huge zinger a couple days ago when he called and asked if we would mail him his Army dress uniform because he needed it in a couple days for an important meeting. He left it here when he came home on leave from Iraq. Holy Crap! They (our boys) don't plan ahead, do they? Of course, I should have known better and mailed it to his new military address as soon as he arrived at Ft. Bragg. A double DUH!

Everything always works out, but I'm getting too old for all this stuff. Someone told me having the young around keeps you young. Humph! I'd like to get a taste of that quiet for just a little while. I think I am going to insist on getting that motor home B+ - it's a scaled down version of a big bus and something I can drive. After we sell this house and find a smaller home and we're moved in, we're packing that B+ baby and heading for the woods, mountains, national parks and fishing streams and we're not coming back for a lllooonnnggg time. I told Kevin he would have to find someone to help him with Alex when we are gone. He's very protective. He's a wonderful father and has depended on us completely since Alex's mother flew the coop! I just need some space.

We should have this room (office/guest room) just about completely organized today for Tine and Tom's arrival. We bought the new closet bi-fold doors yesterday and other stuff for the room. We are having to crunch stuff together. I keep losing space for office paraphernalia,- you know, like printer paper, labels, etc, but I'll figure it out.

Next week I'll move on to Tom's room - I moved boxes from this room to Tom's room and now those need to go to storage if I can't use them. Then it's a matter of cleaning and changing the linens. Beauty shop and rug cleaning next week too.

Tomorrow being Sunday will be a day to take a break. We need to drive over to see our daughter Suzanne too. She's doing okay in the group home and is attending group meetings every day during the week. I think this has been helpful for her. When she lived alone she sometimes never got dressed up for days. The group therapy is held every day and located at a hospital. They have special transportation for those who attend. It has given her reason to dress up and to interact with other people. She had become extremely reclusive. Suzanne's case of mental disability is sometimes difficult to understand. Her medication now seems to be at an even balanced level. I know we eventually see the Light and accept the inevitability of our situations or our loved ones. Some things happen for the best whether you like it or not - or want to admit it. Regardless, there's no free pass!

I hope you all are well and things are good at your home. May you have a blessed day.

No comments: