Saturday, May 30, 2009

A sober, solitary, sickly Saturday

If you prefer to have a lazy hazy Saturday, no rush, take it as it comes, well, this would be your choice of environments here today.

Tom and Tine went to southern California to the beach yesterday. They will be home sometime tonight. Alexandra is quietly doing her girlie thing, Kevin is quiet, and Bob is sick. Lots of garbage sickly crappy stuff going around. Tom has an upper respiratory infection - you can view two photos I took at my doctor's office with my favorite office staff persons and my favorite nurse. We were fortunate my doctor could see Tom.

Bob's symptoms appears the day before yesterday and has put a haul to any plans for anything, so I am recuperating from excitement. Thus the sober lazy Saturday - and getting stuff done around the house while the house is quiet. Once the kids come home, the aura of electricity in the area and movement of the air is over-powering. It is fun and exciting - never dull.

They will be leaving Tuesday morning, but I haven't let myself think about it - I hesitated to type it but I can type without thinking so that's what I did - ha ha! The mood won't be the same so I just can't even think. See, there is it - the tears, damn! Stop it!

Tine cooked us a wonderful German soup - it had a wonderful taste I never experienced before - it was delicious. She has Tom working in the kitchen and he makes a terrific sous chef! We have some plans for stuff to do like go see the new movie "UP" - I don't know if Bob can make it so I'll go with the kids. Kevin and Alex went to see the movie yesterday - Kev said it was funny and sad! Oh, Great!!! I was looking forward to just plain funny! We also want to see the Museum movie, but I don't know if we'll have time to go together, if not, Bob and I will go later.

They have been on the go since their plane landed. I think there are a few things they've missed but I'm sure they will take it in. I remember when I was 21 and had all the energy in the world. I only needed four hours good sound sleep and I could go constantly. Holy mollie - if I get a good nights sleep, if I'm lucky - maybe I can go constantly for four hours top!!! I guess I worked so hard when I was young I wore myself out - - - - well, that sounds like a pretty good excuse.

Hope you all have been well. I've missed blogging and I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on. Bob bought me a new Canon camera for Mother's Day and I have to get onto some of the Blogs that give instructions. There are some gorgeous sites and photos posted, and I have a lot to learn.

Take care - and God bless.

No comments: