Sunday, March 22, 2009

A day of Awe! and aaahhhhhhh!

Sunday has always been a special day for me. I am thankful as well that my husband, a workaholic that he is, has respect for Sunday as the Lord's Day. My husband is the happiest when he is busy doing something, anything, even the most insignificant job, but today he rests.

There's something different in the air, the atmosphere and attitude on Sunday. The beginning of the week, a new vision, and the chance to rest up from the hectic days of the past and realign thinking for the week ahead. God really did know what He was doing and I write that as His humble servant not to be tacky but absolutely recognizing His All-Knowing power. He knew we needed this one day to give glory to Him and to rest our spirits.

It's a day to take a breath, fresh breath and new thinking, if possible. To give thanks for all our blessings and to ask His help to replenish our energies and to give guidance for our trials ahead in the coming days. I cannot survive without His presence in my life.

I hope you have a beautiful day today. I ask for one or two favors from my Lord, the first is a simple request and that is that it will rain on our neighborhood and town today because we really need the watering, and secondly, that you and your family are blessed and protected all days. Take care.

2 comments:

Nit said...

What a great post to read today!
s
:)

I fixed my comments.

Thanks!

Call Me Grandma said...

Yes, thank God for Sundays.
I hope you get your rain. Believe it or not we in Pa have had a dry March.
I love the song 'Here I Am Lord'.