Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Requests for Prayers

I have two requests - our son Kevin is going in for back surgery this morning. Kevin is our youngest son and is single with a beautiful daughter, Alexandra. They live with us. If you are familiar with back injuries or back pain, then you will understand how he's been feeling.

The second request is for the safe return to the states for Tom and his Platoon. I haven't heard from Tom since the short note awhile back. They should be heading home but could be anywhere waiting on a transport, the weather, or anything. If you have a military person in your family, you understand first hand the anxiety I am feeling - and the worry. We have heard they should arrive back to Ft. Bragg next week. Tom is a young man and doesn't realize, yet, how a mom worries. I don't want him to realize the total stress I feel but I wish he would write or call. You know what I'm talking about, don't you?

Thanks so much for your prayers.

2 comments:

Nit said...

Kevin will be in my prayers!

And don't worry about Tom...he is fine, I promise you! They are so busy trying to get to Kuwait on time (packing, inventory, etc) that I'm sure he hasn't thought about calling...like you said he's a young soldier!

I will tell Q to give him an order to call tonight! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean,

Love your blog; keep up the good work.
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!