Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday - the Lord's Day, a day of rest


Thank you Lord, for this beautiful day and all our blessings. We can make a choice of seeing our life as the glass half full or half empty. I know the most difficult time to see a light is when we are in the midst of trials, worries or misery. I believe that as the poem and poster relates Jesus is carrying us during that time. Sometimes it is really difficult to hold on to our faith and trust in His Words that He will always protect us. I am so guilty of being fickle - I can write these words of encouragement but when I am down and out I am a victim of my own self-pity. I guess babysteps and one day at a time for some like me is my salvation and to never give up.
We went to our first Blue Star Mother's meeting yesterday although we've been members since Soldier Tom joined the Army. We each introduced ourselves and spoke briefly about our military family member and our family. Some mothers have two or more serving right now - and most are either in Afganistan or heading there. It was an awesome experience for Bob and I to be there. They are a terrific unselfish group and do so much for our troops serving our country today. Here is the link to national's website if you are interested and have a child serving - you don't have to be a Mother to join, and you can donate to their wonderful cause.
We went out to eat on our way home from the meeting. We went to Outback and I just have to share - we had the most wonderful waitress we've ever had. I was raised in the service business and have worked for many service oriented businesses. I would say I am very experienced in judging the difference between good and bad service. Our server took care of each and every one of her "clients" at her tables and gave each one outrageous TLC and personal attention. She had a terrific personality and was very cheerful - but not overly aggressive. Her name is Michelle, and I look forward to having her as our server again when we go back - I will ask for her personally.
I hope you have a wonderful day today. I hope you are healthy and accomplish what you set out to do this week. God bless you all.

No comments: