Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring has sprung

The tulips have been up for about a week now, little grape hyacinths have been multiplying in the front flower bed and are so precious. We have a couple beautiful red tulips right out in front and a few daffodils growing around. Lots to see and enjoy. The birds are zipping, zooming, and fluttering all over the place.

The rose bushes look so healthy right now, but once the heat comes on in June and July they will look exhausted. Due to our water restrictions, many of our fruit trees have died, as well as several roses. Until the heat comes, everything looks beautiful and refreshing.

This morning while I was watching early morning news, Kevin got up and said he was going out to find the quail that was chattering and woke him up. The side of our house looks like a small bird sanctuary. There are medium height but full oleander bushes lining ours and the neighbors fence line on one side and full bushy green shrubs along the house with a pathway and flowerbed and trees in the center. The flowering plum is in full bloom.. There is a gardeners bench that Bob made me in the corner and unless someone walking or driving down the street takes notice, you can remain invisible sitting there watching nature and people go by. It's very shady due to our large mulberry trees. Several hummingbirds, doves, and other birds have built their nests in that trees in that area and we have found the nests after the birds have flown the coup.

Last night Bob and I sat outside to enjoy the evening atmosphere and quiet. We can see the strip and Nellis Air Force Base lights and watch the airplanes from a distance as they fly into the final landing path to McCarran Airport. It's quiet and pleasant up here in our neighborhood. The evening temperatures are not too cool and thankful, not hot at all, but just right. Spring is the best time of the year here in the Las Vegas Valley

Today is another Lenten Meatless Friday, but I'm not sure what I'll cook for dinner, I have thought of Salmon patties and buttered noodles - another one of my mom's favorite Friday suppers. We have doctor check ups today - both Bob and I, then we'll head to Wal-Mart and Costco for shopping. JoAnne's is having a sale on their jewelry beads. I showed granddaughter Alex the ad and she pointed out the colors for me to buy. I enjoy creating jewelry with her - she has more imagination than I do. Last week she made a necklace for a friend out of pink bead and it was really pretty. Alex is very creative.

I hope you have a great day today and if I don't talk to you over the weekend, I hope you have a good one. May God bless you with abundant health and peace of mind today.

1 comment:

Nit said...

I am soooo ready for spring! Not summer, but spring :)