Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Day and Shingles Update

Ha Ha! I thought those two would be good starters. What are you going to do for that hour designated for the salvation of our earth? I have no plans to turn off anything purposefully for anything that remotely concerns any environmental groups. I disagree with whats-his-name, sorry, a CRS moment, oh that's it - Al Gore. Oh, I guess this is a political item and should be on my political blog, but, oh well! I've already started. Anyhow - we ALREADY conserve! Everyday - all day, we conserve - and one hour with our lights off won't do anything to our electric bill. We recycle, and we turn off our lights and don't cook or bake during the high power hours, and we buy energy efficient appliances and on and on! I am surprised at how many parts of our country DON'T recycle - not my fault, our family does their part all the time, every day.

By the way - has anyone thought about this-----Bob mentioned it this morning - - -what's going to happen after everyone has turned off their lights, then after an hour turn them back on? That will be one heck of a power surge! DUH!!! It will be very interesting to see and hear the outcome. I know a lot of people are committed to this - but don't count us in!

Now onto the Shingles Update - I've heard reports from my relatives and others about shingles and how awful they are. I don't want to say too much because my husband reads my blogs and I don't want to depress him anymore than he already is. My aunt has give me strict instructions that we can't visit her while he has shingles because he is contagious! She had it six years ago and because of all of her health problems it would be traumatic for her to be exposed again - her cancer has come back. I don't know what I am going to do - this is one of those times when I want to be in ten places at once. As you get older you realize you're lucky to be where you are at the time!!

Ever since Bob announced he has shingles I feel itchy all over - its just my imagination but it sure is annoying. So all my youngin readers, be aware of the grossly stuff you inherit when you get passed 60. My mom always said "get a lot while you're young" so just do it! and enjoy your energy and stamina while you are young because life sure does peeter out after you start getting your social security benefits.

Have a great day. For those of you who are in the bad weather zone - which seems to be taking up most of the U. S. east from New Mexico on - I hope you are safe. Please take good care. You are in our prayers. God bless you!

No comments: