Saturday, March 14, 2009

The smell of bacon cooking

Do you associate different affairs in your life with smells or aromas you may come upon in your daily routine? At this instance, my husband is cooking bacon and eggs, and the aroma of the bacon is so comforting and alluring. You might be wondering why I'm not cooking him breakfast but since he's retired he enjoys cooking. Also you might wonder why I'm not in the kitchen with him, well, he would cook me breakfast too, but unfortunately I have a problem with some foods since I've gotten old - - and I won't go into that story. How gross! Its just one of those ugly disgusting things that happen in life. Moan and groan!

It is a beautiful day here in southern Nevada and as per the national weather map, it looks like everywhere in our country today there is good weather. Thank goodness, for a change. We saw four hummingbird at the feeders yesterday - one extra since we have three regulars that stay around all winter. Bob has had to keep at the feeders to keep them filled - the hummers are hungry and we'll probably seen some babies in a few weeks.

This afternoon we are going to our first ever meeting with the Blue Star Mothers. I am looking forward to meeting everyone in our chapter. I've got to find a photo of Tom to take to put on their photo board. I sent them one of him for our website already. I hope I didn't pack all his photos.

We bought some terrific boxes from this place called Box Brothers. They have all sorts of odd sizes available. The one I bought is double layered with handles - I am thrilled to have found a good sturdy one to hold my photo albums. They are large and heavy and the handles will be an advantage for Bob. We'll buy the bulk of the boxes from CostCo. They sell them in bulk at a great price.

Well, that's it for today. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and have some fun. May God bless you and your family abundantly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yummy post! My Honey Nut Cheerios breakfast has just been overtaken by bacon and eggs!
Happy Saturday!
~AM