Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Vvvvvrrrroooommmmmmmmmm!

It is so much fun now to pick up the phone and call Solder Tom. It's seems surreal. I had never called him while he was in Iraq, I had to depend on him being able to call home, depending on available phones, long lines, and all that stuff. We were on our way out of the driveway this morning and I wanted to just say Hello - just a quick greeting.

So I dialed his number on my cell and after he answered his cell and I could tell he was not alone. And, of course he knew right away it was me. I told him we were on our way to Costco and was there anything he needed. That brought on a big laugh since I've been given firm instructions - "no more boxes." I was only kidding though because I knew he had what he needed - now.

He said he was in his car and he and the guys were on their way to the PX. He was happy as could be. He said his car was working just fine except the tires were a little low on air. We worried how the car would fare sitting for a whole year without being started. He said no problem starting it too. There he was with his soldier buddies doing their thing. I'm so happy he's back.

Short conversation but it made my day.

1 comment:

Karen Deborah said...

wow your family is doing more than their share for this country. I'm honored you would add yourself to my followers list. I'm looking forward to getting to know you!