Saturday, March 21, 2009

Two weeks

Fingers crossed, in, maybe, hopefully, perhaps, two weeks Soldier Tom and Platoon will land on American soil at Ft. Bragg, North Carolina. I heard from the contact person of the FRG regarding information on PTSD, adjustments and all other situations that could result after deployment. I have two assignments which relate to his arrival stateside - activating his car insurance because his car is on Ft. Bragg and we were permitted to have minimun coverage on his car since it was in storage; and my second assignment is to activate his cell phone.

He has been driving Humvees since he's been in Iraq. What a difference it will be for him at home base when he drives his Saturn for the first time! I'd love to be there!

I am half way through the job of having my office packed and then I will have to move furniture. I would like to be totally finished within one week. Just incase Soldier Tom does come home for spring break and brings a guest. Can't wait! Not much news here today although lots happening next week Kevin will have back surgery Wednesday and Tom's arrival home soon.

It is typical allergy weather here. Our spring flowers are so lovely. Maybe rain here tomorrow - that would be a blessing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm praying for rain, to relieve your allegies! Fortunately, I have never known being an allergy sufferer!
Nice post!!!!
~AM

Call Me Grandma said...

Tom is almost home...how wonderful!