Friday, March 27, 2009

Two out of Four PLUS news from Soldier Tom

Another Meatless Friday - not long now one more plain Meatless Fridays, then Holy Week and Good Friday. It's going to be salmon patties tonight with my famous homemade mac and cheese. I planned salmon patties last week but something came up. Here's a recipe for salmon patties that I just found on line - I don't follow any recipe and use cracker crumbs I smash myself - also I don't put parsley in either - but if you're interested - here it is.

Today I have definite plans to work here in my office. I have to make a big dent in reorganizing this room today and tomorrow. I hope there are no surprises to distract me and I am so easily distracted. Once we have the big bookcase moved out of the what is a closet, Bob will have to put the clothes rack pole back in the closet and we need to buy new louver doors. We won't bother painting them because we'll have the interior of the house painted right before we get ready to put the house up for sale and we'll paint all the doors then.

Tom sent an email message this morning. I can't tell you how elated I was, and yes I cried, I cry everytime I think of him. He is still in Kuwait but in the process of getting ready to head back. He sounded quite excited to be heading home! I'm going to call the insurance company this morning and get that process in the works for his car. Don't you know he will want to go somewhere when he gets back on base!!!! I hope the car has fared well just sitting for twelve months.

We have two sick-os and two well in our home right now. Kevin is recovering from surgery but getting around okay and Bob has shingles. I got the shingles vaccination and I sure hope I don't get what Beverly got. She works in our Docs office and a day after she got the shot the site where she got shot swelled up like a football and turned red. They said it was an effect of the vaccination. I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me - - so far so good!!! Alex is the four well child in the house. They are having a pizza party at school today to celebrate Earth Day or something like that. She attends a really great school. I had to pick her up the other day when Bob was with Kev at the hospital. The schools today really go through terrific security checks before you can get your child - - and I am very thankful for that - no problem for me at all.

Hoping you each have a great day and accomplish all that you wish you accomplish. God bless you with abundant gifts today. Take care.

No comments: