Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mellow but deep thinking

Hmmm, as I typed that title, I wondered if those two moods actually go together! Perhaps. I broke down and ordered the HP netbook I've been wanting - its a mini laptop computer. The memory is minimum but I didn't get it for my big file items but to carry where ever I go. To help us if we get lost, or find a restaurant and all that sort of stuff. I thought about getting the Verizon Blackberry Storm which is very cool and I would be eligible for at a lower cost, but I decided to go this direction. I'm pretty satisfied with the phone I have now, it takes photos and I can talk on it. Now, there's no competition if a call comes in and I'm in the middle of a project.

When I am in "computer"mode my mind is centered on computer jargon stuff and all emotion is saturated onto that network process until I have accomplished my goal of completion and up and working. So, if I don't post for a couple of days, do not worry, I am here but preoccupied. Do not misunderstand, I absolutely enjoy working on computers in every aspect - they have been a Godsend in my life.

As mentioned in other blog posts, my main correspondents with Soldier Tom the majority of the time is via e-mail messaging or Yahoo IMing. I left my Yahoo IMing thingie open last night and when I came back into this room after dinner, the IM screen was open and he had been on - calling my name: "Grandma, Grandma, Grandma!" So, I responded but no immediate response from him. About an hour later, he was back on line and we IM'd for about an hour. He also IM's his friend who is in North Carolina. He also opens up his webcam for me. I don't have a webcam on this computer - but I do on the Netbook, so I am anxious to get it up and running so we can use our webcam too. - I must admit I am not ALL that excited because I am a VERY casual person and sometimes my hair looks like I've been rolling around in the hay, and with no make up, YUCK! but thank goodness, Tom only sees me as Grandma - the vanity part of me will be challenged with he invites Tine (pronounced Tina), his friend, to view my webcam! Oh, holy moley!

Soldier Tom is doing fine - he looks magnificent! He is such a character! They should be leaving Camp Taji in a couple of days, and may be stateside by late next week. He may be home in a month. I can't wait!

I hope you all have a terrific day. God bless you!

No comments: