Monday, March 16, 2009

Where are you Soldier Tom?

He is on his way back from Iraq, but I know not where he is. He hasn't written or emailed. Once they leave their main base they join up with the other platoon members in Baghdad. From there, they are flown to another base for the final trip to Ft. Bragg. The weather, mainly dust storms, are the biggest factor on who or when flights are scheduled. There are a lot of military personel coming and going in Iraq. It is definitely a "hurry up and wait" ordeal. We pray for their safe journey home.

I did received an email from our FRG leader yesterday and they are preparing a meeting for the families of our deployed soldiers who are on their way home to Ft. Bragg. This information includes education on how to recognize PTSD and other brain disorder problems. I've inquired whether those of us who are not on base or living on the east coast and unable to attend those meetings would receive the information also - I was notified that yes, I would receive information also.

I am so excited I can hardly contain my tears for the excitement I feel. I have to hurry and get things done and ready for his homecoming because he may just surprise us coming home sooner than he had planned. We have lots of yellow bows to make to tie around our trees.

I hope you have a great week. May God bless each and everyone of you and keep you safe.

1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

I am so glad that he is coming back home!
Prayers going out for a safe trip back to you all.